Employment Opportunities and Instructions
Current Employment Opportunities
Applications are continually accepted, kept on file for one year and reviewed when positions become available.
- When submitting an application, please specify the position for which you are applying.
- Pre-employment drug testing is required for all positions. All positions require a valid SC driver's license, or the ability to obtain one.
- For salary information please contact Jan Robison at (864) 260-4423
or email us (mark 'Personnel Inquiry' in subject line).
Download and Type or print information. If a question is not applicable to you, print N/A in that area.
Required Forms and Information:
- Application for Employment - Download PDF format (Can be edited on-line)
- Reserve Deputy Requirements - Download PDF or MS Word format
- Selection process information - Download in PDF or MS Word format
Note: Intentionally misleading or deceptive answers may justify not hiring you, or may result in punitive action or dismissal if the inaccuracies are discovered after you are hired.
Minimum Requirements for Deputy Sheriffs and Detention Officers:
You must be a United States Citizen and reside in South Carolina .
You must be at least 21 years of age to become a Deputy / Detention Officer.
You must be in good physical condition. After an offer of employment, and periodically thereafter, Deputies/Detention Officers must be able to perform satisfactorily in a job-duty related physical performance test. Job descriptions are available and should be obtained.
Weight must be proportionate to height.
Candidates for Deputy / Detention Officer must posses a valid SC driver's license. There shall be no suspensions in the prior five years due to a DUI or leaving the scene of an accident.
You must have a State High School Diploma or State GED certificate.
You must have a satisfactory criminal history check.
The Anderson County Sheriff's Office is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer.